Do you suffer from hard water? Not only is it bad for your plumbing, but hard water also leaves buildup in your sinks and tubs, on your dishes and even in your hair and laundry. Households that deal with hard water often find themselves using more detergent just to get things clean. On top of that, hard water doesn’t taste particularly great, either.
If you’ve been thinking about investing in a water purification system in Mesa, AZ, consider the Ultima Green Fusion water softener. It combines a whole house filter with a water softener in just one unit. The Green Fusion system is specifically made to treat Arizona tap water. Here’s why we love the Green Fusion water softener:
- All-in-one water purification: Homeowners often have to install water purifiers and softeners separately. This costs more and takes up more room. Enter the Green Fusion system—it’s an all-in-one system that softens and purifies your water. It uses reticulated KDF sponges, coconut shell carbon, UV light and uniform bead resin to remove mercury, lead, chlorine, herbicides, chemicals, methane and minerals from your water. The UV light kills harmful bacteria, too, so you’re guaranteed fresh, pure water.
- Uses less water: The reticulated KDF sponges, which remove heavy metals and chlorine, use less water to backwash. Plus, they have an infinite lifespan, which cuts down on the components you need to refresh or replace.
- Includes UV sterilization: UV light kills bacteria and other microbes. The Green Fusion system guarantees you’ll never have to worry about coliform bacteria (from raw sewage) sneaking into your family’s drinking water.
- Uses uniform bead resin: Water softeners rely on resin beads and salt to remove minerals from tap water. The Green Fusion system uses uniform bead resin, which outperforms all the other varieties on the market. In fact, it’s so effective that you’ll use 50 percent less salt.
- Smart valves: The Green Fusion system includes a smart valve, which only regenerates when needed. That means it wastes less water in the backwash process, while still purifying the hard Mesa tap water.
- Better-tasting water: When you use a water purifier and softener, your tap water will taste—and feel—like it came straight from a mountain spring. There’s no need to buy single-use water bottles when your tap water tastes so great.
- Use less detergent and soap: Hard water requires more detergent and soap to get your dishes, laundry and hair clean. The Green Fusion system will help you cut down on soap and detergent, all while getting better results.
- Cost-effective: Not only is the Green Fusion system affordable, but the money you’ll save on sponges, salt and detergent means that this all-in-one unit is the best deal around.
Are you ready to find out why Mesa homeowners love the Ultima Green Fusion water softening and purification system? PlumbSmart Plumbing Heating and Air, your local plumber in Mesa, AZ sells and installs water treatment solutions, including the Green Fusion system. Get in touch with us today to get started.
you return to Arizona for the colder months, it is likely that your winter home
will not quite feel the same. That is because even with good winter HVAC preparation
in Mesa, AZ, your home still requires time and effort to prepare for
inhabitation. Here are five steps you need to make your home a livable space
again for the winter:
- Turn on the electricity: Before leaving your home, it is
expected that you will turn off the circuits to reduce fire hazards and
energy waste. Normally, all you need to leave running is the lighting and HVAC
system. Now that you have returned, go to the fuse box and turn everything
back on. Without fully functioning circuits, you will not be able to get
the plumbing to work again.
- Replenish water supply: Plumbing is vulnerable in winter, and
even Arizona has freezing nights. You likely emptied the tank heater and
cleared lines before you left, but now it is time to activate all of this
again. Reconnect any pipes that you disconnected and turn on the shutoff
valves. Give water heaters a chance to refill, and run water through
fixtures to clear out rust or debris. If you have a water softener,
reactivate that, too. You will likely hear hissing sounds as you turn on
the main water supply and any shutoff valves. This is normal, as air often
gets trapped while your winter home is unoccupied.
- Be careful with plumbing fixtures: You want to handle plumbing during
winter in Mesa, AZ one room at a time. Start with a bathroom and open the
fixture about halfway. You will hear a hiss, and vigorous water flow should
follow. Once you check all the running water fixtures, move on to the
water in refrigerators and ice makers. It is a good idea to change any
filters, as the old ones might leave water tasting stale. Another
challenging appliance is the dishwasher. Run it first without dishes so it
can work out any issues that affect water supply and draining. After that,
it should run well without incident. Once you finish these steps, check
the fixtures again—at this point, they should be running normally.
- Plug in appliances: Even if you turn off the electricity,
it is still a good idea to unplug appliances before leaving your home for
the season. Upon your return, you can plug them back in. The same is true
of any lamps or small appliances you left unplugged.
- Turn on the gas: Your gas-powered appliances and
hot water tanks will not run without a functioning supply. You likely
turned off the gas supply to prevent leaks and returning to your home to
carbon monoxide poisoning. Now that you are back, turn it back on so you
can enjoy hot water and run your kitchen appliances.
Plumbing Heating and Air can assist you if there are any repair or maintenance
issues after winter HVAC preparation in Mesa, AZ. We know plumbing in winter
can be fussy, and we are prepared to get it working again. Contact us today to schedule
If you suddenly find yourself in need of the services of a professional plumber or heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) contractor, you may feel slightly trapped. After all, you can’t simply ignore your broken air conditioner or leaky pipes—they’ll have to be dealt with, and they’ll have to be dealt with soon.
This may leave you feeling like you’re at the whims of the HVAC or plumbing company that you end up calling. Many plumbing companies in Mesa, AZ, for instance, charge exorbitant service fees before they even begin working on your pipes. For example, they might charge an $89 fee to travel to your home, and then an additional $69 fee to run diagnostics. Before you’ve even identified the source of the leak, you’ve already spent nearly $200.
Unfortunately, many companies specializing in AC repair in Mesa, AZ operate on a similar principle—they use opaque pricing schemes to nickel and dime their customers, who likely feel desperate, and simply want to return their homes to good working order.
Fortunately, identifying a contractor that uses clearer pricing and more upstanding business principles is possible. Here are just some of the things you can do to ensure you’re working with a trustworthy HVAC or plumbing contractor:
- Ask for pricing details: The first thing you should do prior to working with any contractor is ask to see a breakdown of their service fees and product pricing. If they’re charging a lot of money to purchase a replacement part, you should check to see if you could buy the part online for significantly less.
- Check with the BBB: The Better Business Bureau (BBB) offers a lot of resources for customers to educate themselves about selecting the best contractor for a given job. The BBB awards different ratings to businesses depending on their customer reputation and the number of customer complaints the business has.
- Examine online reviews: You should also check online reviews for the business that you’re thinking about hiring. While reading reviews on Google or Yelp, be wary of companies that have reviews that all use similar language—they might not be legitimate.
PlumbSmart Plumbing Heating and Air is one of the most trusted plumbing companies in Mesa, AZ. We pride ourselves on using a clear, easy-to-understand pricing structure that doesn’t leave customers with any unpleasant billing surprises. We offer free house calls throughout the Valley of the Sun, and we provide same-day service. We won’t perform any services until you’ve seen and approved a breakdown of the costs.
We’re proud to maintain an A+ rating with the BBB. With more than a decade of experience and hundreds of positive online reviews, we’re comfortable with our position as the region’s premier plumber and HVAC contractor. To learn more about how we can help with AC repair in Mesa, AZ, or to call for HVAC or plumbing service, contact one of our friendly representatives today. We look forward to working with you soon to keep your home operating safely and comfortably!
What type of water heater do you have in your home? Did you know you might be wasting significant energy and money with a traditional water heater? Tankless water heaters in Mesa, AZ offer several advantages over old-school models.
If it’s time to repair or replace your water heater, consider upgrading your plumbing in Mesa, AZ with a tankless water heater. Here’s a quick comparison to highlight the benefits of a tankless option.
Traditional Water Heaters
Traditional water heater operations are based on technology that is now 100 years old. These units are highly inefficient, wasting energy as they work for over 10 hours a day even when there is no demand for hot water. They are also an inefficient use of space, requiring room to store up to 80 gallons of hot water.
Traditional water heaters need to be replaced every seven to 10 years, and they pose safety and health risks due to corrosion, leaks and old water that could be contaminated with rust.
Tankless Water Heaters in Mesa, AZ
Tankless water heaters in Mesa, AZ utilize the latest technology to provide a highly efficient unit that saves resources and provides a clean, safe delivery system.
Tankless water heaters in Mesa, AZ offer reliability, intelligence, precision and customization. Their unique design allows homeowners to use 50 percent less energy than traditional tanks. Here’s a closer look:
- Reliability: Tankless brands incorporate safety features and technology that keep the units running smoothly. Options include freeze protection, leak detection, dry-fire defense and smart grid capabilities.
- Intelligence: Modern tankless water heaters in Mesa, AZ offer remote control and monitoring, smartphone alerts and home automation capabilities.
- Precision: Engineered for efficiency, tankless water heaters in Mesa, AZ can produce hot water at a consistent temperature.
- Customization: It’s easy to customize your energy use and water heater performance with adjustable power management settings that make your plumbing in Mesa, AZ simple and user friendly.
By using half of the energy that you used to consume with traditional water heaters, you can spend far less money on water heater utility bills. You won’t have to spend as much on frequent replacement of the unit, either. With smart options, you could also save on repairs due to leaks and other mishaps that are avoided with intelligent alerts. And finally, these units will save space in your home. With so many ways to save, tankless water heaters in Mesa, AZ are truly a win-win option for homeowners.
For the best tankless water heaters in Mesa, AZ, our professionals recommend Navien tankless water heaters. PlumbSmart’s experts have found that these products offer top quality and reliability. We also recommend gas over electric tankless water heaters due to their ability to stand up far better to the demand placed on them by households of all sizes. Navien’s gas-powered systems offer energy efficiency, faster heating and a more consistent temperature than any electric system on the market. This is our brand of choice for this aspect of your plumbing in Mesa, AZ.
Reap the Benefits
Are you considering an upgrade to your system? For the best tankless water heaters in Mesa, AZ installed by experienced professionals, contact the team at PlumbSmart Plumbing Heating and Air. We provide the highest quality service with the best warranty in the industry, and at the lowest possible price. Contact us today with any questions or to schedule your next service.
Those who live in Arizona are well familiar with our hot summers. They know the effects the sweltering temperatures can have on their plumbing and air conditioner. But the colder winter weather—as mild as it might be here—can also take its toll. The chilly overnight desert temperatures can cause slab leaks.
A slab leak is a leak that has developed in a copper water line running below the concrete foundation of your home, or a leak in the concrete itself. They can go undetected for months because the leak lurks below the surface. This can lead to huge problems, including mold damage and termite infestation. Eventually, the slab leak can even cause the homes foundation to collapse. That’s why it’s so important to spot a slab leak before it causes any lasting damage. Watch out for these signs that the cold may have triggered a slab leak:
- Damp flooring: Unexplained wet spots are never a good sign. Slab leaks will allow water to leak underneath, causing the concrete to become completely saturated with water. The water will eventually be absorbed by the flooring or carpets and may even warp wood floors. Call a plumbing company in Mesa, AZ as soon as you notice any wet spots.
- Mold: Water that has seeped into the floor will eventually be absorbed by the drywall. This will create an environment prime for mold growth. The mold could cause lasting damage to the drywall, leaving you with no choice but to pay for both mold removal and wall replacement.
- High water bills: A hidden slab leak could be causing huge spikes in your water bill. Call a plumbing company in Mesa, AZ to find the cause before it gets worse.
- Musty smells: The damp environment and undetected mold growth can create an unpleasant musty odor. The smell will only get worse the longer the leak persists. A slab leak along the sewer line will smell even worse.
- Cracks in the baseboard: Persistent dampness can compromise the integrity of the baseboard or walls and eventually cause them to crack.
- Soaked landscape: Does the backyard lawn suddenly seem mushy with mud and water? A slab leak can flood the backyard with pools of water that never seem to dry. This can ruin the landscape by flooding the dirt and killing the grass.
- Damaged foundation: A slab leak can cause the floor to rise. Over time, the foundation will start to shift and crack as a result. You’ll be left with no choice but to undergo major repairs to the entire foundation if the leak escalates to this point.
Call a professional for leak repair in Mesa, AZ
Reach out to the team at PlumbSmart Plumbing Heating and Air if you suspect there’s a slab leak in your home. One of our expert technicians will fix the leak and then address any damage it may have caused. The extent of the repair may vary drastically based on the age of the plumbing, the location of the leak and the extent of the damage. Contact us today to schedule an inspection!