What Are the Most Common Pipe Leaks in a Home?
Plumbing emergencies can cause all kinds of problems for homeowners. One of the most common issues homeowners face is leaky pipes. When pipes leak, they can cause extensive water damage and issues that are very costly and complicated to repair. With that in mind, it’s important for homeowners to be aware of plumbing issues and pay attention to signs of pipe leaks. Keep reading for some helpful advice from a plumber in Mesa, AZ.
All pipe leaks cause water damage, but not all pipe leaks are the same. There are lots of different types of pipe leaks that have different causes and require different repairs. Here are the most common types of pipe leaks found in homes:
- Water heater leaks: Water heaters are designed to last for many years, but all water heaters eventually begin to develop issues over time. Water heater leaks are very common, especially in older units, and these leaks can cause lots of water damage and mold and mildew development around the appliance. Sometimes, water heater leaks can be fixed by replacing the seal. In other cases, however, it’s necessary to replace the water heater entirely.
- Faucet drips: Faucet drips might not seem like a very big deal, but even small drips can add up over time. These leaks can contribute to significant water waste, especially if they happen in fixtures throughout your home. These leaks can often be repaired simply by tightening the faucets, but a plumber in Mesa, AZ will be able to inspect your system and confirm the cause of the issue.
- Leaky toilets: Toilet leaks can be caused by overflowing water in the tank or the bowl, or by cracks in the bowl itself that cause water to pool around the toilet. Regardless of the specific source of the leak, it’s important to get the issue repaired as soon as possible to prevent serious water damage.
- Dishwasher leaks: A leaky dishwasher is a big problem in the kitchen. Dishwasher leaks can be caused by faulty seals, broken hoses or drain issues. A plumber in Mesa, AZ can determine the specific source of the leak and provide repairs as necessary.
- Drain leaks: The drains in showers, tubs and sinks are weak points in plumbing systems that are likely to develop leaks. It’s important to check around these weak points periodically for signs of water damage. Pay attention to discoloration around the tub or shower or stains on the ceiling beneath a second-floor bathroom to identify a leak. If you notice any of these signs, contact a plumber to schedule an inspection and repair services.
Plumbing company Mesa, AZ
If you’re looking for a trustworthy and reliable plumbing company in Mesa, AZ, reach out to PlumbSmart Plumbing Heating and Air. We are committed to providing the highest quality services at the most affordable rates in the area. No matter the scale or scope of your plumbing issue, our team has the experience and tools necessary to assist you. Give us a call today to get started with a quote.